Thursday, August 23, 2012

Purple Gradient

I really like this one. I've been wanting something partial for a while now, I love being able to see the natural nail incorporated into designs and this purple is just wonderful. It's Gosh Gasoline by the way, with a couple glitter layers over top.


Gasoline is very sheer and layers beautifully. Here is what it looked like with only a couple thin coats to plan out the gradient.



And just because whoa, do I never see this, look! Natural nails!

Wowie! How spiffy is that? Anyways, here are a couple more shots of the finished product, then you get a story.



Alright, so I did these nails just before I went on an overnight camping party at my friend's place. She has horses and fields and apple orchards as far as the eye can see and we enjoyed this beautiful landscape by getting drunk and toasting hotdogs and marshmallows over a fire and then sleeping it off in tents in the field. Side note, my boyfriend and I along with a few others chose to just not sleep rather than attempt to sleep on one of the coldest nights we've had in a while on the uncomfy ground. I think smores taste better when eaten during sunrise. Anyways.. I decided to wait to blog about this until after the party so you could see what roughing it, and doing so slightly inebriated, did to my nails. Of course there was also a ton of grass stains and ash and outdoor-ness on my nails before I got home and finally got near a shower. Pictures first though!

Pardon my TED Talk in the background, I was rushing to take this so I could switch up my polish.
 The tips all rubbed away but didn't peel off and apart from the thumbs nothing else was too terribly wrong, a new top coat and a touch more purple on the tips and I could have re-worn this for a while. That's what I was hoping to see since one of the awesome parts of gradients, in my mind, is that they are super simple to touch up so you can wear them for a long time without any serious overhauls needed.

What did you think? Do you love gradients like this as much as I do?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this. I've seen/done coloured tips on natural nails but have yet to see this elsewhere. stunning colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This was actually the second attempt I made, the first was done with a dark pink and it looked a little morbid, so I'm waiting for late October to do that one again.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...